Looking to become an apprentice?
Looking to start an apprenticeship? We are here to help.
- We offer a free service to help you plan your career and make wise training decisions.
- We help you write your résumé, presentation letter and guide you in your preperations for an interview.
- We help you find an employer who can offer you apprenticeship possibilities and training opportunites in a work environnement.
- We financially help you get access to tools and materials that you need.
- We provide important connections with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
Here are a few advantages of working in skilled trades:
People in skilled trades are rewarded for their efforts with good pay. In fact, as an apprentice, you can start making money right away because you ‘earn while you learn’. The best part, though, is that as a tradesperson you get paid well doing work you enjoy.
Skilled trades play an important role in our economy and our society. Think about it, the sector touches almost every aspect of our lives from the homes we live in, to the cars we drive, to the food we eat. Canada depends on the work of skilled trades and needs skilled tradespeople.
With over 200 careers to choose from, the skilled trades sector truly does offer something for everyone. As an apprentice, you receive post-secondary education through on-the-job training and in-school learning. This provides you with the skills to work almost anywhere in Canada.
Skilled tradespeople are in demand all across the country. As the babyboom generation retires, this demand is only going to increase.